Monday, August 29, 2011

Sick - might be a bug or allergies

So, last night I started getting the telltale post-nasal drip, and that was a clue that my nose was not going to let me sleep very well. Played around, tried to make some kind of jury-rigging that would make my computer's monitor stay up. Hinges are totally shot, which sucks but hey, it's still very good for a fifteen-buck computer.

Had to go to class today and managed to get there just in time despite the parking lot being full to the point where I had to compete with other drivers for a parking space. Finally, at around ten minutes until class, I found a parking space and the one who was trying to pull out was having trouble because I and another person were both vying for that space. Somehow I managed to claim that space for myself, and I was like, 'MINE! MINE!'  'cause I REALLY needed to get to class on time.

In class, I found out that my purse was far more reliable than the coathanger at supporting the monitor, though I am still working on an idea for making some metal support strips that will keep the lid from opening too far, as well as a pair of inner-supports that could be removed and keep it from swinging closed. The computer and display work - it's just the hinges that are shot. Also might do some drafting for the plans and maybe upload them to help others in a similar situation.

Also, I have a fiction blog here, and am currently working on an original story that I've been working on mostly in my head for years. Feel free to post a comment and any input you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment