Saturday, August 27, 2011

I'm installng STOPzilla - the Google browser hijack virus has GOT TO GO!

I love the computer that I was recently given. Great little laptop, very nice to have something I can use on the couch or in bed or on the floor without lugging around a big, heavy screen or fighting to get it to read an optical disk. However, it does have one annoying aspect: the Google browser hijack virus is a PAIN IN THE BUTT! Been trying everything to make it go away, and now I think I've found the solution: STOPzilla. Links to this and other Google hijack removal programs can be found on this page.


The Google redirect virus is able to hide by injecting itself into other processes and monkeying around with the registry, HOSTS file and DNS, which can make it difficult to find and remove. However, enough people have had this problem and were able to get a fix for it.

If you are having problems with getting redirected to some unrelated page half the time when you click on a link in Google, I would recommend downloading and installing STOPzilla antivirus, BITDefender Total Security, Spyware Doctor Antivirus or Webroot Spy Sweeper. This will get rid of the aggravation of redirects, as most other antivirus programs will not be able to detect this particular malware.

No comments:

Post a Comment