Thursday, August 11, 2011

Drawing Video - Cockatiel and Macaws

Here are a couple videos I've made of me drawing birds in Artrage. The first one is pretty simple with no background and is of one of my favourite birds - a cockatiel.





<a href="http://www.linkedtube.com/WOLcBxc1TXEf6e2846c4b82eb7c9fd18bca615cad49.htm">LinkedTube</a>


It shows all the steps I took, and some of the mistakes I had made, like doing the sketching on the bottom layer first. It did create some problems but all in all I am pleased with how it turned out.

The second video is of me drawing two blue and gold macaws, because I also love them very much.





<a href="http://www.linkedtube.com/4Y8zSIdD67g81d6b8bfeacb7b2c2854dbe9e294d534.htm">LinkedTube</a>


In this one, I used the oil brush. Some parts were difficult and I kept on forgetting which layer I was on when I made my swatches. Might just put them in the swatch panel instead in the next video.

I wanted to make a picture of two birds doing something instead of just perching there and looking pretty, so I had one of them preening the other. Parrots often do that to friends and mates, and will even try to groom their owners since they consider their 'owners' to be part of their 'flock'. Parrots, especially the larger varieties and cockatoos are very social and need to have someone around all the time, or they will think their 'flock' is lost or in trouble.

So, what should I draw next? I am thinking of doing some Ninja Turtles or Sailor Moon fanart, because I still think Nephrite and Seiya Kou are very sexy, but I might also do the main characters like Moon and the others, or the kitties. Luna is such a cutei! I'd also like to do some pictures of the turtles, and maybe some fancharacters like my mutant human who calls herself 'Noise'. She has a swan that's not really a 'pet'(he bites even her sometimes and is quite wild) and she calls him 'fuzzball' though he's also known as 'bruiser' due to his tendencies to be quite aggressive and territorial(swans are known for that and can inflict painful injuries to those who get too close to their nests and young).

I also have some cool ideas for drawing fanart of some of my favourite singers, including "Weird Al" Yankovic and Janis Joplin. If I do a pic of Weird Al though, it will likely be his current look since I like it better than the glasses/mustache/afro one he had before he got LASIK surgery.

Another thing I might do is make some videos of my original compositions and possibly me singing, because I love to sing and Weird Al got me into music. I do step-sequencing and stuff like that but often I am not satisfied with my compositions enough to upload them. Might make a separate blog to showcase those.

Anyway, here is my tip jar:








I need money as my hours have been cut due to labor hoarding at my workplace(don't worry, I am looking for a new job). Any small donation will do. And please, no smart-alecky comments like "Here's a tip - get a job!" because that joke has gotten stale.

No comments:

Post a Comment