Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hard Disk Cleanup and Possible Employment At Krispy Kream

Today, I did some major cleaning up on my computer's hard drive, and deleted all the other accounts. Also deleted a bunch of home videos and photos that the original owner shot because they weren't mine and it just doesn't feel right to snoop. Can't get over what a good computer this is. Sure, it has a few faults like a couple wonky USB ports and a slightly loose monitor hinge, but it works like a dream. HP really made a hardy laptop. Might try helping other people fix their computers so they won't sell gems like this for so little. I could have fixed this computer for the original owners.

And this morning, I went to apply for a job at this Krispy Kream Factory that will be opening in about a month. It would be so nice to get out of my other job. Plus, if hired, I would pretty much be the IRL equivalent of an 'early adopter', so that would be cool.

I've installed Linux on another clunker laptop my mum bought, but the damn thing can't connect to the internet and the LAN port seems to be dead. At the very least, I will be able to get accustomed to working with Linux, though I would like to dual boot that operating system on a better computer.

My mum also is going to be getting a practically brand-new computer for free because the owner doesn't know how to work computers, apparently, and he thinks he ruined it. It just might be another treasure like the laptop I'm using right now. I might even be able to play around with that laptop and keep it, and give my old computers to Mum so she can use them for repairs. She's taking a computer repair class and I'm thinking of doing the same next semester. In this economy, we might be able to at least save some money or make a little by selling refurbished models.

I just can't believe how people will just give away such nice things.

No comments:

Post a Comment